Glamping at Graythwaite; Summer 2022
Imagine waking up with Lake Windermere as the backdrop and nature as the soundtrack? Our pop-up canvas village is made up of sturdy pre-pitched bell tents that take the hassle out of pitching up, leaving you free to explore the local area or try out some of the activities available on site. How idyllic does this sound?!
From our own experience, sleeping everywhere from 5-star luxury to the back of vans, there’s nothing quite as comfy, cosy and satisfying as sleeping under canvas. Located on the western side of Lake Windermere, the dog-friendly bell tents are spaced out among peaceful green grounds fringed by woodland. The tents come with fitted carpets and waterproof groundsheets but are unfurnished, so you’ll need to bring your own bedding plus camping essentials.
There are toilets and hot showers and the site’s glamping hub, where you can chill out, play table football, charge your devices, listen to music and chat with site staff about booking an exciting adventure somewhere on the estate. An on-site shop is on hand for essentials, while for quick snacks there’s a pizza van that visits the estate at least once a week.
Activities on the estate include clay pigeon shooting, archery and axe throwing, watersports, off-road driving, boat tours and bushcraft experiences. If and when you venture beyond the estate, you’ll be well-placed to visit Hill Top, Michelin-starred restaurants, lakeshore trails and pretty towns and villages like Hawkshead and Ambleside.
- 40 well-spaced pre-erected 5m bell tents with fitted carpets and waterproof groundsheets
- Access to Lake Windermere
- Hot showers
- Hardcore parking area
- Trollies to take your equipment from your car to your tent
- Covered communal area with benches and tables and phone / laptop charging points and table football
- Communal stretch tent and picnic benches
- On-site activities with www.graythwaiteadventure.co.uk providing watersports, 4×4 off-road driving, clay pigeon shooting, archery, axe throwing and bushcraft
- Festoon site lighting
- Volleyball court
- On-site shop for essentials
- Pizza van on the Estate at least once a week
- 5 minute drive to nearest pub
- 10 minute drive to Hawkshead
- Lakeshore footpath and walks from the site
What you should bring
- Inflatable mattresses and bedding
- Cooking equipment
- Food and drink
- Your camera
- A sense of adventure!
- No stag and hen parties or large groups
- No amplified music
- All rubbish to be placed in the bins provided
- No noise after 11pm
- No naked flames inside the bell tents
- No barbecues directly on the ground
- At least one of the party must be over 18
If you’d like to find out more about the Graythwaite Estate, please visit https://graythwaite.com