Imagine waking up with Lake Windermere as the backdrop and nature as the soundtrack? For groups and corporate events (minimum 6 bell tents) we create a private glamping village using 5m round traditional canvas bell tents which provide funky and wonderfully comfortable accommodation. Positioned on Grubbins Point, a peaceful haven on the shores of Windermere in an area only accessible to guests of the Estate. How idyllic does this sound?!
From our own experience, sleeping everywhere from 5-star luxury to the back of vans, there’s nothing quite as comfy, cosy and satisfying as sleeping under canvas. Our glamping experience is designed with our guests in mind and whilst there may be some everyday things missing you’ll more than make up for it with the experience, adventure and overall feeling of well-being.
We hope you’ll understand, and it’s important to note, that our glamping site is peaceful and as such we like to keep it that way so we’ve made it strictly a ‘quiet site’ for those who want some time away from it all, connecting with friends, family or colleagues. We don’t allow vehicle movement between 11pm and 7.30am and neither do we allow amplified music.
Grubbins Point is ideally located for watersports, our clay pigeon shooting and target skills site, the 4×4 off-road course, teambuilding activities and other outdoor adventures.
So, if you’re looking for the ultimate get away from it all, ready made, outdoor experience in the heart of the Lake District National Park, you’ve found it right here.
To talk about creating your camp, please call us:
Typically, camps include some or all of the following, however we’ll discuss the detail with you to make sure it’s just as you want it;
- a 5m wide bell tent
- custom made coir carpet, covering the whole interior floor on top of a water and insect proof sealed groundsheet
- double or single air beds, sleeping bags with liners and pillows
- mirror, bedside table and battery lamp
- car parking (not next to the tent, as we like to keeps cars away from the glamping area to improve the outdoor experience)
- a communal stretch tent with rustic pine furniture
- an equipped camp kitchen or you may opt to be catered for or a mixture of the two
- fire pit
- generator for power and festoon lighting
- and more …